Nine 1-hour spaces will be available for individuals to receive one-on-one mentoring from Award Winning Authors, Yvonne Lehman, Edie Melson, Larry Leech, and Linda Gilden.
For Yvonne Lehman – ADVANCED WRITERS ONLY. Yvonne will work with FICTION. She will read your work, give you very detailed suggestions and guidance on plotting, character development, and prose. Conferees should have a manuscript completed but not less than 1/2 completed.
Guidelines: Full Proposal, Synopsis, First Three Chapters
For Edie Melson
Conferees will send blog address and social media addresses so Edie can evaluate and dig into both the blog and the most effective social media for them.
For Larry Leech
Conferees will send their proposal and three chapters of their non-fiction work or memoir. Larry will work with you on presentation, tweaking your proposal, and guiding you in making sure your work has all the necessities to make it a success.
Guidelines: Full proposal, Synopsis, First Three Chapters
For Linda Gilden
Linda will work with advanced writers on non-fiction manuscripts for books or articles. Or she will work with those who have definite goals for becoming a speaker. Conferees who wish Linda to mentor their non-fiction work should have a completed but no less than 1/2 completed manuscript.
Guidelines: Full Proposal, Synopsis, First Three Chapters
For Linda to mentor you with speaking, conferees should have a solid platform and be prepared with an outline for a speaking presentation.
Guidelines: Participants should have a written presentation or at least an outline for Linda to help you refine.
For Linda to mentor you with marketing, conferees should have an outline describing their current marketing plan. Also, include marketing goals for the future. (Further directions will be outlined for you after signing up for a mentoring appointment with Linda.)
Recruits, are you ready to shave off unnecessary words? Are your ready for your manuscript to get a bit of a buzz cut?
A critique service is available for Writers Advance! Boot Camp participants. When you register, you may pay for a critique in the following categories:
Critique Submission Guidelines:
1. Manuscript: Times News Roman, Double-spaced, One-Inch Margins, WORD DOCUMENT. Be sure you combine all requirements into a SINGLE document.
2. Email Submissions as an attachment to the faculty member of your choice or to Terri Kelly, bootcampcritiques @ gmail (dot) com. Subject Line: ACWC CRITIQUE. In the body of the email, please list the genre.
Faculty Emails and Deadline Date for Submissions
Linda Gilden: Linda @ lindagilden (dot) com DEADLINE: February 2, 2018
Lin Johnson: lin @ writetopublish (dot) com DEADLINE: February 2, 2018
Andrea Merrell: andreamerrell7 @ gmail (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
Larry Leech: lleech @ cfl (dot) rr (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
Diana Flegal: [email protected] (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
Denise Loock: denise @ lightningeditingservices (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
Terri Kelly: bootcampcritiques @ gmail (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
Cindy Sproles: Cindyksproles @ gmail (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
Bob Hostetler: [email protected] (dot) com DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
Tim Shoemaker: [email protected] (dot) com: Feb. 2, 2018
Anna Floit: [email protected] (dot) com: DEADLINE: Feb. 2. 2018
Lori Hatcher: [email protected] (dot) com : DEADLINE: Feb. 2, 2018
3. Title Page: Include a title page with your submission: title, genre, page numbers, word count, audience, and your name/email and other contact information on the title page within your document. A confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hrs. (Resend if you do you receive a confirmation.) SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT THESE DETAILS WILL NOT BE CRITIQUED.
4. Fee: see critique menu below. You may directly email faculty members your manuscripts. Please send a check made out to the faculty member’s name. Ask for the mailing address when you send your critique or email Terri ([email protected])for a mailing address. Critiques will be completed upon receipt of payment. (The fee applies for each submission.)
5. Deadline: See individual faculty members for their deadlines. You may begin sending critiques January 1, 2018.
6. Completed critiques will be returned to you at the Writers Advance! Conference. You will automatically be given an appointment with the faculty member who critiqued your writing. Our faculty will not give you a buzz cut. We’ll approach each manuscript with more love than a drill sergeant so you may ADVANCE!
Buzz Cuts (Manuscript Critiques) – Faculty can change
Articles: Newspaper or magazine $25
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.)
Blog Post $15
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.) A full assessment of your blog post, including a written list of suggestions and things you’re doing well.
Blog Critique $25
Devotions (Devotions for print or web/blog, Limit of 2) $20 each set of 2
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available $20 per 5 pages
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript includes a breakdown of overall writing, marketability, hook, tension, and POV. $35
Fiction: 10 pages + 2-page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for romance, general fiction, suspense, Women’s Fiction.) $25
Non-fiction books: 10 pages + 2-page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement $25
Proposals: Fiction or non-fiction proposals. Send the first 25 pages or 1 chapter and a 1-2 page synopsis. (No more than 25 total pages.) $25
Screenplays: Any genre: Send first 15 pages only and 1 page synopsis $35
Bible Studies/Bible Lesson Plans: No more than 15 pages $35
Childrens book and picture books: complete manuscript $25
**Please note faculty participation could change
Cindy Sproles, Vonda Skelton, Linda Gilden, Lin Johnson, Lori Hatcher
Edie Melson, Lori Hatcher
Children’s: Chapter Book: First three chapters
Children’s Books: Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book
Terri Kelly, Anna Floit
Cindy Sproles, Andrea Merrell, Denise Loock, Linda Gilden, Lori Hatcher
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available
Andrea Merrell, Denise Loock, and Larry Leech, Anna Floit
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript
Larry Leech, Linda Gilden, Cindy Sproles, Diana Flegal,
Fiction: Romance, General Fiction, Women’s, Contemporary, Suspense
Cindy Sproles, Andrea Merrell, Larry Leech, Diana Flegal
Non-fiction books: True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement
Edie Melson, Andrea Merrell, Diana Flegal, Lin Johnson, Anna Floit
Memoirs: First 10 pages
Larry Leech, Anna Floit
Larry Leech, Lin Johnson, Bob Hostetler
Bible Lesson Plans/ Bible Study Guides